Families Change Parent Guide to Separation & Divorce

You are here

Where can we get more help?

This section describes the services, websites, and publications that can help you with child support.


Family Justice Services

Family Justice Services is an office of the Department of Justice and Public Safety. Employees of Family Justice Services can help people work out parenting arrangements and other separation issues. They also provide mediation services. However, there are no lawyers working at Family Justice Services and they cannot provide you with legal advice or help you get a divorce.

You can find the contact information for the closest Family Justice Services branch here:

Avalon Region

  • St. John’s – 729-1183
  • Carbonear – 945-3223

Central Region

  • Clarenville – 466-4036
  • Marystown – 891-4137
  • Gander – 256-1205
  • Grand Falls-Windsor – 292-1194
  • Lewisporte – 535-6266
  • Springdale- 673-2628

Western Region

  • Corner Brook – 634-4174
  • Stephenville – 643-8396

Labrador Region

  • Labrador City – 944-3209
  • Happy Valley-Goose Bay – 896-7904


FamiliesChange.ca: This website contains information to help all members of the family cope with separation and divorce. There are resources for children, teens, and parents. There is also on online course called Online Parenting After Separation, which helps parents understand the importance of putting the needs of the children first.

Federal Child Support Guidelines: Step-By-Step: This guide includes worksheets to help parents figure out things like special or extraordinary expenses and undue hardship.

Support Enforcement Program: Information on the services offered by the Support Enforcement Division of the Department of Justice and Public Safety

Public Legal Information Association of NL (PLIAN): Non-profit organization serving all of Newfoundland and Labrador. Provides general legal information by phone, email, and through publications and presentations. Also operates Lawyer Referral Service for the province.